Senior Technology Liaison, Platform Management (Cary, NC)
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition: The Global Customer Solutions (GCS) group provides a consistent service experience for all MetLife customers, which includes driving a superior customer service experience and transforming our contact centers.
Global Customer Solutions provides outstanding Sales and Customer Service support for key insurance and protection products within the Global business, and drives contact center transformation and digital servicing channels globally.
As the Senior Technology Liaison, you will play a key function in driving technical definitions and developing plans to structurally transform while supporting the end customer experience. Working with internal and external stakeholders, this role is also responsible for achieving productivity and performance objectives. Finally, the role will ensure that requirements set forth by the lines of business are achieved and new platform or web applications are installed on-time and meet expectations.
- Support Call Center and online servicing projects and platforms utilized by CSRs, Advisors, Customers, and Consumers across all lines of business. Identifies key platform and online system process improvement opportunities.
- Serves in liaison roles between product areas, User Experience, and IT application development resources, fostering and maintaining relationships with partners across the organization. Manages initiatives focused on customer adoption, utilization, cost reduction, and revenue generation.
- Under minimal supervision, oversees large projects that span across multiple areas, functions, and/or lines of business. Serves as a liaison between the business and the IT area, translating varied business needs into platform and application software requirements. Oversees projects that include various phases and moderately sized project teams.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Leads project meetings. Provides updates to business leadership regarding project status and the application and implementation of technology.
- Determines specific business platform and application software requirements to address complex and varied business needs and analyses and designs solutions to complex and varied business needs. Designs, implements, and monitors the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and deliverables are met. Manages critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science, or related field.
- 5 years of related work experience. Broad knowledge of supported business functions, workflow, systems, and transactions.
- Knowledgeable of system design processes, methodologies, and testing tools.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite w/experience in SharePoint, Project and Visio a plus.
- Needs to have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, develop and maintain relationships, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 8 years of experience in customer solutions platform management function.
- Idle, Scrum training and/or PMP certification preferred.
Up to 25%
GCS - Platform Management
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.