Director, Project Enablement (Cary, NC)
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition: The Global Customer Solutions (GCS) group provides a consistent service experience for all MetLife customers, which includes driving a superior customer service experience and transforming our contact centers.
Global Customer Solutions provides outstanding Sales and Customer Service support for key insurance and protection products within the Global business, and drives contact center transformation and digital servicing channels globally.
As the Director of Project Enablement, you will play a key function in driving and developing plans to structurally transform while supporting the end customer experience. This role will ensure that requirements set forth by the lines of business are achieved and new Call Center and web platforms sourced by the business are installed on-time and meet expectations.
- Responsible for delivery of technology solution delivery and enablement. The team is responsible for working with MetLife businesses in the development and delivery of enterprise and compliance projects to assess, define, test and deploy any impacts to the servicing capabilities.
- Deliver Call Center and web technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation.
- Identify and execute projects to advance businesses strategic goals and objectives as an individual contributor or teammate. Manage projects on time and on budget that require multiple layers of service providers and internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, manage and lead continuous process improvement strategies and initiatives. Execute on Rapid Improvement events. Introduce and sustain change across multiple disciplines.
- Develop and deploy internal controls and organizational metrics dashboards per regulations and/or business needs.
- Design and present business requirements based on process knowledge for technology implementations.
- Integrate process solutions across multiple business functions.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and related field experience.
- 10 years of experience in various business/technology roles with progressive responsibilities in the customer productivity enablement solutions function (digital web applications and services, Program and Process Improvement Management).
- Demonstrated experience managing complex business processes, technology and change programs across a matrixed organization for a Fortune 500 company. Accomplished change management leader, able to operate effectively in a highly matrix environment. Ability to champion change, inspire a shared vision and promote key values.
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations. Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Develops talent for the future. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation - across a broad range of levels in the organization. Ability to work independently with flexibility and focus in a dynamic environment. Customer-service orientation
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access. Experienced with technology portfolio and risk management tools and data facilities.
- Advanced degree.
- 15+ years of experience in various business/technology roles with progressive responsibilities in the customer productivity enablement solutions function (digital web applications and services, Program and Process Improvement Management).
- PMP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Global Operations: organization, services and technology portfolio.
Up to 25%
GCS - Platform Management
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.