Associate Director of Customer Insights
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Precima
Are you passionate about Data? Join the data revolution. At Precima, our people are proud to work with some of the world's leading retailers on challenging, cutting-edge, data driven solutions, powered by technology, and, people. We have an exciting opportunity to lead an engagement with CVS, one of the largest retailers in the U.S., located in the Greater Boston Area. If you have an ingrained streak of determination and don't settle for good enough, apply today!
About the opportunity
The Associate Director, Customer Analytics & Insights is a critical role in the USA team, providing thought leadership and data science best practice approaches that support the implementation of client projects into customer insight driven strategies, integration into operational processes and enablement of tactical execution in customer-centric retail across marketing and merchandising.
The AD, Customer Analytics leads, prioritizes and coordinates the accessing, analyzing and interpretation of customer transactional data and loyalty data on behalf of Precima's clients. The AD will facilitate the implementation of customer insight solutions into clients' processes in a way that ensures their business objectives are met and the integrity of Precima's data science analytics is upheld to deliver insights that drive customer loyalty & revenue.
This role acts as the analytics conduit between Precima's client and Precima's client-facing account teams, working very closely with the AD, Client Services. Together they lead the ongoing delivery of Precima's solutions into the client. In this role the AD, Client Analytics must also act as a translator of complex customer analytical concepts into clear commercial terms and recommendations - and vice-versa.
The AD, Customer Analytics is an integral part of the Customer Analytics team, reporting to the Director, Client Analytics North America. The AD supports and manages a Customer Analytics team responsible for the ongoing delivery of client projects and solutions.
- Build strong relationships with lead client stakeholder and supporting teams at client to ensure the smooth ongoing delivery of Precima's customer-centric analytics projects for a large US retailer
- Work closely with lead client stakeholder to scope, prioritize and govern agreed to analytics projects, ensuring continuous alignment to business objective, Precima prescribed analytics approach, timelines and resources for delivery
- Accountable for determining the applicable analytics approach to meet the business objective with clear path to activation/outcome. This includes sourcing or alignment to analytics best practices more broadly across global Precima
- Lead the delivery of insight projects by providing analytical and subject-matter guidance, gathering and documentation of requirements, validation of recommendations, advice on presentation and managing senior client stakeholders
- Working in close collaboration with Client Services to lead the integration of Precima's analytics into client processes, supporting the client in managing the necessary changes in their business
- Support the Director, Client Analytics in delivering strategic insights to senior stakeholders
- Identify, develop and make recommendations for process improvements and best practices pertaining to the use of analytically derived insights and recommendations into retail business across marketing and merchandising
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, being able to build strong relationships with diverse teams in multiple departments of an organization in order to deliver complex analytical projects
- A self-starter who takes true ownership of their responsibilities
- A willingness to work hands-on with the data in order to achieve results
- A leader who can sell the Precima vision to colleagues and clients alike
- The ability to formulate highly complex analytical models in retail and then translate the concepts into simple, business oriented terms for clients and less-technical team members
- A degree in a numerate subject (such as Statistics, Operational Research, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Computer Science), preferably Masters level
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in advanced retailing analytics
- Preference for a background in retail, specifically pharmacy, grocery and/or CPG
- Proficiency in SQL and R or Python
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Today, there are more ways than ever to engage shoppers. At LoyaltyOne, we believe that understanding the people behind the purchase is key to winning their hearts - and their wallets.
For over two decades and from more than fifty locations around the globe, we have paired expertise in shopper behavior with advanced analytics to uncover the data-driven insights that drive successful loyalty, marketing and merchandising solutions.
Across AIR MILES, BrandLoyalty, Precima and Global Solutions, our businesses help some of the world's leading retailers connect with consumers and deliver more value in every visit. Regardless of their role or geographic location, our people are always supported by one of the best teams around.
At LoyaltyOne, we know that in coming together we are at our strongest - and that together we can help shape the future for our clients, their shoppers and our communities.
LoyaltyOne is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit
Alliance Data® (NYSE: ADS) is a leading global provider of data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions serving large, consumer-based industries. The Company creates and deploys customized solutions, enhancing the critical customer marketing experience; the result is measurably changing consumer behavior while driving business growth and profitability for some of today's most recognizable brands. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and emerging technologies. An S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plano, Texas, Alliance Data consists of three businesses that together employ more than 16,000 associates at approximately 100 locations worldwide.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Check us out - LoyaltyOne on Stack Overflow | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Instagram