Rebar Fabricator Lead (1st Shift)
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Harris Rebar
The Lead Person assigns workload to complete daily fabrication needs and complies with all safety, quality, quantity, and shop housekeeping standards.
• Must adhere to Harris Rebar's safety programs and standards.
• Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar's vision and values.
• Work with Branch Shop Manager in establishing daily work assignments to maximize shift operations.
• Oversee all processes, equipment, employees, safety, and shop housekeeping in meeting production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
• Help train new employees in the safe and efficient use of equipment to which they are assigned.
• Troubleshoot production problems so that delays are minimized, and equipment functions as safely and efficiently as possible.
• Oversee and/or assist with maintenance on all shop equipment and report any problems to Maintenance.
• Quality Control - Perform inspections of completed work for correct quantity, accurate fabrication, correctly tagged material, and timely shipment.
• Provide performance feedback to Shop Manager in support of merit program and/or disciplinary actions.
• Ensure that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
• Collect necessary data for production reports, time sheets, incentive calculations and other reports as required by management. Where appropriate, operate computer equipment.
• Perform various jobs such as operation of sheer, bender, crane, car puller, fork-lift operator, etc. so that shift work is done efficiently and on time.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• High school diploma, GED or state/local equivalent
• Minimum 5 years in production environment
• Able to operate all shop equipment
• Skilled in communication, supervision, and planning
• Must be highly motivated and self-starter
• Working with heavy equipment which requires attention to safety
• Overtime frequently required
• Must be flexible with regard to work schedules
• Must be familiar with and adhere to shop safety policies and procedures
• Some heavy lifting may be necessary
• Working conditions can be noisy, dusty, hot, cold
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.
Harris Rebar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. Individuals who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Harris Rebar's selection process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunity for employment with Harris Rebar. If you require an accommodation in completing our application, please notify the HR Department .) Harris Rebar seeks to hire the most qualified applicant for each position.
Harris Rebar is an AA/EEO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled, and a drug-free workplace.
Category: Manufacturing , Keywords: Assembler