Registered Respiratory Therapist - Highland Ranch
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by UCHealth
Department: HRH RT
* Part-time, 0.6 FTE, 48 hrs/pp (biweekly), Nights and hours may vary
* 3rd Shift - Nights
At UCHealth, we dothings differently - Highlands Ranch Hospital
The new 87 bed hospitalin Highlands Ranch will join UCHealth's proud tradition of superior care andunwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Highlands RanchHospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality,"giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care topatients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advancedtreatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entireUCHealth system.
Provides care for patients with respiratory disorders. This position will start the beginning of 2019.
* Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
* Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance.
* Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment utilizing appropriate protocols.
* Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community resources
* Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
* Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). State licensure if required by law.
* ACLS, PALS and NRP cetifications required upon hire.
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.