Mgr Emergency Med Svcs
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by UCHealth
FTE Status: Full Time
FTE: FTE: 1.000000
Manages operations of the assigned department or function to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
This position will specifically focus on monitoring and improving quality assurance of processes and programs, ensuring compliance of processes and programs, and manage and maintain the accreditation of department standards
Oversees the operational readiness of crews and fleet. Oversees the quality of patient care delivered and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, providers, and other system departments. Acts as a liaison with external agencies. Provides patient care when necessary.
Provides oversight for staff including performance management, staff satisfaction, engagement, development and conflict management.
Develops, executes and monitors communication plans to ensure proper and full dissemination to all staff and outside agencies.
Develops specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization. Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Basic Life Support - BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
* Paramedic (NRP) from NREMT
* Colorado EMT-P
* High school diploma or GED.
* 3 years of relevant experience.
* Experience with ESO Charting System
* Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Post-secondary education or experience which provides the expertise required to perform effectively the functions of the position may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
* Five years of progressively responsible experience in in the field of pre-hospital medicine, sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, including one year of supervisory experience.
* Valid CO Driver License
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.