Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by UCHealth
Department: HRH Hist Dept ()
* Full-time - M-F
* 1st Shift - Days
Histotechnologist - Provides high quality routine Hematoxylin and Eosin, immunohistochemically and histochemical stained slides to pathologist for routine or complex diagnosis and prognostic markers.
Candidate is eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus
* Embeds and sections processed tissue sections to produce slides for diagnosis. Sections frozen tissue to produce slides for quick diagnosis during surgical procedures.
* Performs special staining techniques for interstitial elements of tissue sections to include micro-organisms and various cellular components including antigens and enzymes for complex diagnosis and prognostic markers.
* Conducts research and titrations of new antibodies used as diagnostic tools for diagnosis and prognosis. Serves as a consultant to laboratory staff and other clinical staff as needed.
Maintains immediate work area and equipment used for embedding and sectioning specimens. Maintains processing equipment, stainers and solutions used in processes.
* Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnician program; or 60 semester hours of academic credit from a regionally accredited college/university, with a combination of 12 semester hours of biology and chemistry combined with one year full time acceptable experience in histopathology; or Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university with combination of 30 semester hours of biology and chemistry combined with successful completion of a NAACLS accredited HT or HTL program or one year full time acceptable experience in histopathology.
* Certification as a Histotechnologist (HTL) or Histotechnician (HT) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP). State licensure if required by law.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
The new 87 bed hospital in Highlands Ranch will join UCHealth's proud tradition of superior care and unwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Highlands Ranch Hospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality," giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advanced treatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entire UCHealth system.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The UCHealth system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.