Sr. Project Manager II
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary Alternate Job Location : United States : Illinois : Aurora || United States : Rhode Island : Warwick
Role Value Proposition:
This position will reside in the Group Program Management Office, a consolidated organization in Group Benefits Operations responsible for execution of the Group Benefits project portfolio. This Project Management position has primary responsibility for leading Business and/or IT project teams. This person will be accountable for managing multiple small to mid-size projects and/ or support work streams on larger, strategic projects, providing overall leadership and supervision to assigned project team resources. This person must successfully manage projects with potential guidance of a coach/ mentor following department documentation and performance standards. This person must also be able to manage the expectations and interests of project team members, key sponsors, & stakeholders to ensure their continued support and appropriate participation in the project.
- Oversees very large/critical technology projects that span the entire organization or across a large line of business.
- Serves as a liaison between the business and the IT area, translating varied business needs into application software requirements.
- Runs projects that include many phases and multiple large project teams.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Leads project meetings and provides updates to senior and executive leadership regarding project status and the application and implementation of technology.
- Determines specific business application software requirements to address complex and varied business needs and analyses and designs solutions to complex and varied business needs.
- Designs, implements, and monitors the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and deliverables are met.
- Manages critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager/Leader or relevant role.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and lead the execution of simple to medium-sized projects.
- Ability to work independently with some oversight by a mentor or coach.
- Exhibit strong collaboration and ability to engage across multiple functions and business units
- Ability to lead, motivate and support a project team(s) that span the entire organization.
- Ability to influence within own team and with partners and senior management.
- Identify risks to project success and recommend course of action to prevent risk from negatively impacting the project. Effectively recognize when to escalate issues and options to senior management for resolution.
- Knowledge of current MetLife systems and technology.
- Knowledge of MetLife business structure, products, and end to end processes and outputs.
- Exposure to Information Technology Project Methodologies and Terminology (PMBOK, MetLife PPM).
- PMI training, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or PMP certification desired.
- Familiarity with MS Project.
- Experience workig within Group Benefits
Group Benefits Program Management
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 100762