CNA Variable Incentive Pool
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by CHI Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > SERVICE CENTER-SOUTH BLDG
**This is a Division East position and will float between all hospitals in the Omaha/Council Bluffs.
We want our patients to be as comfortable as possible and believe that starts with basic patient care. We have the best team of nursing assistants in our facilities and now we need you. Our CNA's not only collect patient information, but they also help them take their medications on time, assist with meals, attend to personal needs, and change wound dressings as needed. They play a vital role as a liaison between our patients and their care teams. If you are interested in joining this type of healthcare community, we want to talk to you.
What is VIP? The Variable Incentive Program is a nursing pool developed by CHI Health & Avantas, specifically for flexible nurses who desire the experience of providing high quality care to patients across multiple nursing departments. These incentivized shifts reflect the needs not covered by Core Staff and the Scheduled Resource Team.
How will my rate of pay for the VIP be determined? Your base rate of pay, merit increases, shift differentials and holiday pay are given in an identical manner as for all core staff. Because VIP is designed to value experience and flexibility the Commitment and Incentive pay are as follows:
• Commitment: 24 hours every 2 pay periods (4 weeks), with 12 of these hours over a weekend
• Required to work in all Inpatient Medical Surgical, Step Down, Critical Care, and Behavioral if on-site .
• Tech Pay Incentives are $1-5/hour paid for all scheduled direct patient care hours worked, up to 60 hours per week.
VIP is for you, if you wish to:
• Be rewarded for your experience and flexibility by working in multiple nursing departments within a hospital.
• Have flexibility in building your own schedule.
• Maximize your income.
VIP is not for you, if you:
• Wish the stability of working on a single unit or require a reliable, cyclical schedule.
• Require a full menu of employee benefits.
What you'll do:
- Contributes to the assessment of the health status of patients
- Communicates pertinent patient information to appropriate members of the treatment team with direction of the Charge Nurse
- Assist patients/families with light housekeeping duties such as assisting with meals or changing bed linens
- Reports any changes in a patient's condition to the Charge Nurse
- Must have ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
- Must be at least 16 years of age as required by state
- Must have successfully completed the 75-hour state approved course for Nursing Assistant if hired into the Nursing Assistant position after April 30, 1998 as required by state
- Nurse Assistants must be on the Nurse Aide Registry of the State in which they work if hired into the Nursing Assistant position after April 30, 1998 as required by state
- BLS (Basic Life Support) required
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Variable
- Market: CHI Health