Pharmacy Tech, Nights
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by CHI Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: NE > KEARNEY > GOOD SAMARITAN
Our Pharmacy Technicians play a vital role in the medication management of our patients. They assist Pharmacists in preparing the pharmaceutical needs of our patients and serve as liaisons between Pharmacists and many medication management systems. Compounding narcotics, pre-packaging tablets, and preparing IV medications are simply a few of the important tasks our Pharmacy Techs complete in order to get out patients what they need. If you are a detail oriented Pharmacy Tech, we want to talk to you.
What you'll do :
- Assists in the preparation of sterile intravenous under pharmacist supervision.
- Maintains adequate levels of stock drugs in Automated Dispensing System on nursing units.
- Checks for discontinued IV admixture solutions and antibiotic piggyback solutions in nursing unit refrigerator. Returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
- Repackages and labels bulk oral solid and liquid drugs into unit-dose form under pharmacist supervision. Reconstitutes drugs and prepares compounds under pharmacist supervision. Maintains accurate packaging log under pharmacist supervision.
- Resupplies emergency drugs to crash carts and heart carts under pharmacist supervision.
Why you want to work with us :
CHI Health is a faith-based organization that upholds to our core values. There are so many opportunities for professional growth and development. Start your journey with us, and let us help guide the way. Other benefits included:
Paid Vacation 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan Tuition Reimbursement ($3,000/annually for FT) Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Flexible & Dependent-Care Spending Accounts Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Life, Accidental Death, Short-term Disability and Dismemberment Insurance
- High School Diploma or GED
- Licensure required based on the state worked:
- Nebraska Board of Pharmacy - Must be registered by the State of Nebraska as a Pharmacy Technician upon hire and as a certified pharmacy technician. If you were registered as a Pharmacy Technician as of January 1, 2016, you must be certified upon hire. If you were first registered after January 1, 2016, you must be certified within one year from the registration date.
- Iowa only technicians are required to register with the Board by submitting an initial pharmacy support person registration application for registration within 30 days of accepting employment in an Iowa Pharmacy as either a certified pharmacy technician or technician trainee registration. Certification must be completed within 1 year of hire.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Rotating
- Market: CHI St. Vincent