Workflow Technical Lead - BPM
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Vanguard
- Provides senior level IT technical lead services and direction (which may include) software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on a multiple platforms. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves complex issues uncovered by testers and internal clients. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, make hiring and assignment recommendations, and write reviews.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff with less experience and identifies training needs.
- Communicates with technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project s technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members, (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member's duties, including interviewing business liaisons to diagram process flows and to write functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member's duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eight years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes three years' developer experience.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry
- AWS (AWS Solutions Architect certification is a plus)
- Relational Database and experience in AWS
- Automation Testing (unit, integration, performance, and security)
- Software Architecture Design
- Service-Oriented Architecture and micro-services.
- Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture
- DevOps Full Stack Programming
- Unix/Basic understanding of environments and architecture (such as apache, tcserver, siteminder, etc)
- Experience with a low-code application/BPM platform, especially Appian, is a plus