Sr Scientist, Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Code: SIS20181###-####9
Job Location: Multiple Cities (Palm Bay FL, Herndon VA, Clifton NJ, Rochester NY)
Mechanical Engineer to perform research, development, design, and analysis tasks on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical hardware, and complex electronic packaging in a program team environment. Program support and technical leadership over requirements definition, concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, design documentation, and assembly/integration and testing.
- 15+ years of relevant mechanical systems/architecture development experience with Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. Degrees must be in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or closely related discipline.
- Experience in design or analysis of electronic systems, structures, or mechanisms, along with engineering drawing development.
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as Creo and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience with thermal analysis of mechanical and electronic systems, in space, air or ground environments desired.
- Proficiency in analysis FEA tools such as Femap, NASTRAN, ANSYS.
- Candidate must have experience in 3D modeling, design for manufacturing, and ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment.
Please be aware that this position requires the candidate to have a Top Secret security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - FL - Palm Bay, USA - NJ - Clifton, USA - NY - Rochester, USA - VA - Herndon
Activation Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Associated topics: autocad, automotive, fluid, mechanical, mechanical engineer, powertrain, solidworks, turbine, turbomachinery, vibration