Java Technical Lead
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Vanguard
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you ll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as a Full-Stack Engineer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will change the way the world invests. Make it count.
Bring invention to investing
Focused on creating innovative user experiences, you ll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. While your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong organizational skills, will make you a valuable member of a collaborative team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you ll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
- Experience Leading an Agile Development team
- Experience with developing Java REST services Spring, Jersey
- Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks mutation testing, functional testing (NodeJS, Jasmine, JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
- Experience in developing next gen systems using J2EE technologies on AWS platform
- Experience in integrating systems across multiple AWS platforms
- Experience in AWS data bases, data sync between on-prem and off-prem systems
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, GIT, etc
- Experience with API management platforms, design standards, patterns and best practices is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud/AWS development/engineering best practices is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud data stores is a plus S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Extensive software engineering experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
We are Vanguard. Together, we re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return. We invest with purpose and that s how we ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let s make it count.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Associated topics: back end, c++, develop, matlab, perl, php, programming, sdet, software development engineer, software programmer