Registered Nurse (RN) Radiation Oncology
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Boca Raton Regional Hospital
The Radiation Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) provides patient care as part of a multi-disciplinary team based on national standards, and utilizing the nursing process.
Position Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the department/hospital performance improvement program by conducting and monitoring patient care activities, preparing and submitting timely and accurate reports, proposing alternatives when problems are identified, evaluating the plan of care and following through on steps to problem resolution.
- Appropriately and within the Nurse Practice Act and other regulating bodies delegate to and direct the care provided to the patient by the LPN, PCA and HUC.
- Attend and participate in at least 50% of department staff meetings as well as participate in hospital meetings, forums and seminars.
- Use assessment skills to plan, monitor and evaluate patients and document in a thorough, accurate & timely manner.
- Follow standard precautions and appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
- Be responsible and accountable for the delivery of skilled professional patient care that is delivered based on recognized national standards of practice, BRRH policy and procedures, the Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses and applicable laws and regulations.
- Recognize the influence of beliefs and cultures on behaviors and accept strengths and limitations in others.
- Exhibit adaptability, flexibility, self control and maturity in work and behavior.
- Exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency or stressful situations.
- Recognize situations which require notification of a supervisor.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through appropriate decision making, delegation and supervision of duties, and functioning as a preceptor/resource to new staff, students and LPN/PCA staff.
- Participate as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care and to complete all physician orders, administer medications, treatments, tests and other patient needs in a timely manner and communicate effectively with all members of the patient care team.
Demonstrate proficiency in the principles of radiation safety.Demonstrate proficiency in patient education on self-care measures specific to patients receiving radiation therapy. Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school (AD in Nursing, RN Diploma, or BSN)
- One year radiation oncology experience is preferred
- Current Florida license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification by the American Heart Association
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season.As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-###-####.
Associated topics: coronary, infusion, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse clinical, psychatric, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery, surgical