Lead, Electrical Engineering
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Location Rochester, NY
Job Code CS20190###-####0
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Harris Engineering is seeking a technical leader to play a key role in the successful introduction of new products into production. Successful candidate must be able to collaborate effectively with manufacturing staff, product design engineers, test engineers and shop floor technicians to improve test yields, reduce reject inventories, and increase throughput. Provide input, and make improvements, to new products/processes and implement operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
Candidate must be capable of:
- Leading a team to resolve complex technical product issues with urgency to meet business critical shipments and project milestones.
- Interfacing with the product design and support engineers to incorporate design changes prior to and during the launch of a new product based on lessons learned.
- Leading cross-functional teams to meet manufacturability, testability and other DFx requirements for volume production.
- Identifying the impact of issues and elevate to appropriate management level.
- Leading engineering experiments, and to evaluate and act upon test results to promote product or process improvements.
- Using of Lean Six Sigma philosophy/tools for ongoing product or process improvements.
- Developing quality metrics to drive product or process improvement.
- Troubleshooting RF and digital electronic assemblies to the component level.
- Identifying component operational characteristics that may impact system performance and or sustainability.
- Lead team towards common goals ensure customer satisfaction and meet performance expectations for the department.
- Effectively engage support functions day to day issues and strategic improvements.
- Effectively develop work force recognizing high performers and coaching low performers.
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant operations experience or -
- Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of prior related operations experience.
- 2+ years of experience with various databases (Oracle, Fusion, Agile and Microsoft Office)
- 8+ years experience troubleshooting to component level RF, analog and digital electronics
- 6+ years management experience or technical leadership
- Experience with Harris products/systems
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of design considerations for volume manufacturing
- Working knowledge of design simulation SW & LabVIEW
- Working knowledge of COMSEC CCI handling
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen understands the big picture
- Self-starter, results oriented, with a can-do attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team player/team builder peers can count on support when needed
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Friday, February 8, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, February 9, 2020
Associated topics: circuit, diagram, kv, lighting, msee, plc, rf, signal processing, solar, stationary engineer