Senior Specialist, Electrical Engineering
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Location Rochester, NY
Job Code CS20191###-####0
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Harris Corporation Communication Sector is seeking a talented and knowledgeable antenna product engineer who will serve as the focal point to facilitate antenna design and development in a small group setting with other support groups: mechanical engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, product line management, program management, suppliers and organizations throughout Harris Communication Sector. This is an opportunity to take a key role in the product development of tactical radio antennas.
Work Shall primarly include antenna desing and development activities which may include:
- Design, construction, evaluation, test, and analysis of RF antenna systems and other system components from 2 MHz to 3 GHz by empirical and numerical methods
- Generate/refine test plans, reports, briefings, product specifications and other required documentation.
- Investigate EMI/EMC and collocation issues, identify solutions, and report findings effectively.
- Support outsourcing efforts to ensure design integrity is maintained with the antenna vendor supply base to production.
- BSEE (MSEE/PhD) degree with a minimum of 6+ year s electrical engineering experience.
- 3+ years experience in Antenna Design & Analysis
- 3+ years experience in electromagnetic modeling, with experience in NEC, HFSS, ADS or other similar numerical codes.
- 3+ years experience with RF test equipment, such as, signal generators, network analyzers, and spectrum analyzers
- 10+ years of relevant electrical engineering industry experience
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, planning skills, highly motivated and result focused
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communications skills.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office products
- Ability for occasional travel to Customers, Suppliers, Etc.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Monday, March 4, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020
Associated topics: circuit, dsp, electrical, electrical engineer, electrician, image processing, lighting, schema, solar, transmission