Specialist, Software Engineering
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Code: SIS20182###-####2
Job Location: Palm Bay, Florida
Harris Corporation is an industry innovator providing advanced communications and information systems to both government and commercial markets. The Space & Intelligent Systems (SIS) segment of Harris delivers complete solutions for global situational awareness, space superiority, and Earth insights. We provide the world s most advanced sensors, payloads, and communications technologies; receiving and information processing systems; and analytics that give our customers the integrated information and actionable intelligence they need for mission and business success.
Harris has been focused on the high frontier since the beginning of the Space Age. We help protect U.S. space assets and access to space by developing, modernizing, and sustaining the ground-based radars and optical systems that find, fix, and track objects in space. We ensure the delivery of critical information from those systems for effective battle management, command, and control. Looking further into space, Harris optical systems, as part of the world s most advanced telescopes and observatories, and related services enable scientists to gain a clearer picture and better understanding of the universe.
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills, develop new experiences, and support key customer missions.
- Bachelor s degree (preferably in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field,) or equivalent, and a minimum of 4 years of applicable experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with C#, Java, or C++
- TS/SCI with SSBI preferred but not required
- Knowledge of software development processes throughout the entire lifecycle, which includes use case development, requirements analysis, object-oriented analysis & design, implementation and software verification
- Team player able to work in a large program environment
- Good communications skills
- Fast learner able to adjust to project needs and learn new skills quickly
- Self-starter that can work independently
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - FL - Palm Bay
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Associated topics: back end, develop, devops, matlab, programming, python, sde, sdet, software developer, sw