Mechanical Engineer - Structural Analyst
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Location: Rochester, NY
Job ID: SIS20190###-####1
This position is responsible for the analysis of composite, metallic, and glass components and assemblies for space, airborne, and ground based systems. The preferred candidate will:
- Interpret design specifications and create finite element models of complex components and assemblies for structural analysis
- Analyze the models for stress, strain, displacement, modes, etc. at both component and assembly levels
- Prepare reports, formal documentation, and presentation materials summarizing analysis results and presenting results to both external and internal groups.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 6+ years relevant experience, or equivalent
- Experience with commercial FEA codes and Pre/Post Processors required (preferably Nastran and Femap or Patran)
- An understanding of structural analysis methods (FEA and hand-calculations)
- Experience in the space industry highly desired
- Familiarity with 3D CAD programs such as Creo or Pro/E
- Experience with computational programming (Matlab, Python, Fortran)
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Friday, February 8, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Associated topics: ansys, autocad, bsme, chassis, design, mechanic, motor, solidworks, vehicle, vibration