Technical Lead - I
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Vanguard
At Vanguard, we are taking a stand for our investors. As a Tech Lead I, you'll be involve working very closely with the Open Account / Transfer of Assets product team. We will be looking for you to help our partners envision possibilities for technology solutions, find ways to connect disparate systems and automate process, and create something new while working with a variety of different technologies. You will have an opportunity to be creative and work as a solution architect one day, develop a strategic technology roadmap the next, and the following day be busy with developers to build a solution that could involve third party vendor integration, AngularJS, Java, mobile development, or data analytics. You will be leading a multi-functional team, with responsibilities as Scrum Master as well.
Do you have the desire to learn new skills, and truly make a difference for our Retail business?
Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
- Provides experienced level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT work. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team's technical work. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT authorities, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews.
- Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and resolve conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at landmark reviews.
Bring invention to investing
Focused on building innovative user experiences, you ll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. While your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by good interpersonal skills, will make you a valuable member of a collaborative team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you ll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eight years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes three years' developer experience.
- Strong, proven analysis and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of the financial services industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills preferred
- Expert knowledge of the full product life cycle, IT vendor product assessment, and architecture design
- Java, AngularJS, AWS Cloud, and Linus/Unix
- Performance and stress testing, Security, Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Experienced with Migration and integration
- Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
- Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development practices
- We will look for you to work on multiple, medium size projects or one large project with timelines of 3- 15 months
- Limited travel for Charlotte staff to Malvern, PA for new hire orientation, project kickoff meetings, and training
- We will work on dissimilar technologies (e.g., applications), for multiple platforms and business areas, for critical systems with the largest numbers of interfaces and users
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you have the chance to get so much more in return. We invest with purpose and that s how we ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let s make it count.
Associated topics: business finance, business systems analyst, consult, financial analytic, guidance, investment banking, investment fund, law, regulation, strategy