Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Location Rochester, NY
Job Code CS20191###-####8
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
The Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering will lead an organization responsible for the design and development of advanced tactical radio products. Projects will include a combination of new development, feature additions, and sustaining engineering activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage project execution to meet established budget, schedule, and scope constraints.
- Report electrical engineering metrics and organizational status to Division management.
- Interact within the company with all functional areas regarding product and system issues.
- Support sales related activities with customer briefings and demonstrations.
- Support the management and oversight of subcontractors and support strategic sourcing objectives.
- Support Division new business pursuits by staffing and executing proposal activities, providing cost effective and timely solutions with descriptive text and detailed cost estimates.
- Facilitate organization direction, priorities, communications and individual growth.
- Travel to customer and subcontractor sites as needed (5-10%)
- BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS degree with 12 years of prior related electrical engineering experience; Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years prior related experience
- 5 years project management experience required
- Experience in performing project planning, tracking, and oversight activities for both hardware and software development projects
- Ability to obtain US Government Secret Security Clearance
- Master s Degree or MBA preferred
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Experience with Earned Value Management techniques
- Experience with the US DoD Acquisition Model for new developments
- Ability to work autonomously and with others to resolve issues
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 14, 2020