Cardiovascular Sonographer - CV Lab
Posted on Apr 9, 2019 by UCHealth
Department: MCR CV Lab ()
* Full-time - variable
* Flex - All Shifts/Combo of Shifts
* Certification Required
* Licensure Required
* Experience is required
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Cardiovascular Sonographer - MCR CV Lab
Performs routine and emergency echocardiograms and vascular ultrasound tests in an outpatient exam room, or if appropriate, portable at patient bedside.
Home base at Medical Center of the Rockies with potential rotation to Greeley and Longmont.
* Verifies order appropriateness. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation. Sets expectations for patient receipt of exam results.
* Positions patient and performs cardiovascular ultrasound procedure(s) per protocol. Selects appropriate transducers and optimizes images. Identifies pathology and customizes exam for appropriate interrogation.
* Analyzes results for image quality and inclusion of anatomical and hemodynamic information. Creates a preliminary report based on acquired measurements and knowledge of physiologic function.
* Assists physician during invasive ultrasound procedures. Formulates and ensures consistent evidence-based exam protocols. Prepares and maintains equipment and supplies. Follows appropriate safety standards and infection control guidelines.
* Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound program
* 2 years of related experience - preferred experience in Pediatric Echo. Knowledge of structural heart a bonus
* 1 adult echo and 1 vascular credential from:
§ Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) - Adult (AE)
§ Vascular Technologist (RVT)
§ Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS)
§ Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS)
§ Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS)
§ Advanced Cardiac Sonographer (ACS)
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Cardiac Sonographer/Echo Tech