VP, Therapeutic Area Head, Hematology-Oncology
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Jazz Pharma
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Global Head of Clinical Development, the Vice President, Hematology/Oncology Therapeutic Area Head (VP Hematology-Oncology TA Head) will represent Jazz both internally and externally.
He/she will develop the vision, mission, outline the strategies, establish the priorities, create alignment, and ultimately have full accountability for the Hematology-Oncology therapeutic area, including the marketed products Erwinaze, Defitelio, Vyxeos, and multiple products in development.
The Hematology-Oncology TA Head will oversee the strategy, implementation and maintenance of the
Hematology-Oncology internal clinical development programs, and will also have the strategic view and execution strength to assist in business development, including growing the strength of the current internal pipeline and additional acquisitions. This role will, provide oversight, mentorship and support of clinical product leads, medical monitors/directors and clinical scientists, and ensuring that all therapeutic area development projects progress and are completed consistent with strategic objectives. In addition, the TA Head will be responsible for communicating the Jazz Vision and Mission in Hematology-Oncology to other Jazz Functional Groups and to external stakeholders such as Cooperative groups, patient advocacy groups, and medical professional societies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead efforts to develop, refine and implement a vision for the Jazz Hematology-Oncology strategy in a collaborative environment.
- Create and implement the long term life-cycle program for the Hematology-Oncology therapeutic area by developing and implementing near- and long-term goals and objectives. He/she will also support post-marketing life-cycle management therapeutic area needs.
- Build and manage a team of medical professionals (at various levels of expertise) to implement the hematology/oncology strategy in a collaborative environment. Team members will represent disciplines from across the R&D group and the Hematology-Oncology therapeutic area.
- Partner closely with Corporate Development on the identification and acquisition of external assets to build and strengthen the Hematology-Oncology therapeutic area.
- In line with corporate objectives, provide relevant medical counsel and scientific guidance to all teams across Jazz that are involved in Hematology-Oncology therapeutic-related activities.
- Represent the Hematology-Oncology therapeutic area at the Research and Development Leadership Team, serve as member of Portfolio Governance Committee and Development Product Review Committee
- Attend medical conferences, Regulatory Agency meetings, Advisory Boards and other relevant clinical events as required.
- Ensure Jazz Hematology-Oncology clinical development activities uphold the highest standards of patient safety in collaboration with PQS and other functional areas as appropriate
- Lead the Clinical Development organization for Hematology-Oncology at Jazz
- Provide direct supervision to the relevant Hematology-Oncology Global Development Leads, Team Leads and other clinical development professionals designated as direct reports
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Hematology-Oncology Development Teams in the Research & Development Matrix structure
- Ensure high quality Hematology-Oncology clinical development standards with respect to clinical study design, conduct and oversight of patient safety.
- Develop integrated clinical/regulatory strategies for key initiatives to support the successful registration and commercialization of products for the Hematology-Oncology TA in collaboration with other functional areas
- Design clinical development plans and protocols that are aligned to support the integrated clinical/regulatory/commercial strategies for the Hematology-Oncology TA
- MD with specialty training in hematology-oncology is required.
- 10 or more years conducting clinical research and drug development research in hematology-oncology
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute clinical development projects
- Demonstration of the Jazz Values: Integrity, Collaboration, Passion, Pursuit of Excellence, Innovation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence experienced professionals
- Ability to lead in a fast changing environment
- Broad knowledge and exposure across all R&D functions
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical development
- Strategic thinker
- Strong execution skills
- Effective communicator
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.