Senior Salesforce Developer
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Citizens Bank
The Salesforce Developer will assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of Salesforce and Force.com applications and ensure the continued delivery of innovative, high quality solutions within a team oriented environment.
This role will work cross-functionally with a variety of areas in order to maximize the value Salesforce.com provides to the organization. This includes understanding requirements, defining solution functionality, designing solutions, developing and maintaining solutions over time. The Salesforce Developer will be hands-on and have demonstrated experience developing and managing Salesforce.com in a diverse working environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively across teams and/or independently to design and build solutions on the Salesforce Force.com platform, including Web Services APIs, Apex, and Visualforce. Initially this candidate would be working closely with vendor resources to assist with and oversee vendor development activities.
- Provide guidance on solution requirements, technical design, integration architecture, and solution recommendations.
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, validation rules, approval processes, flows, flow triggers and email alerts.
- Integrate Salesforce with other platforms, and develop and understanding of other key applications within the organization.
- Implementation change control from development sandboxes to production and across the development lifecycle. Ensure that all necessary changes are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed.
- Develop reports, custom report types, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
- Help guide and mentor other resources within the team as needed
- Serve as a subject matter expert on items related to Salesforce.com, third party integrations, and AppExchange.
- Remain current on new Salesforce features and functionality and providing recommendations for process improvements.
- Possess a strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and work on projects/activities in parallel.
- Minimum of at least five years of software development experience with Salesforce.com, with strong proficiency in Apex, Visualforce, and SOQL, and an in depth understanding of SFDC Profiles/Roles and Sharing Rules, Validation Rules, Tasks, Workflow rules, and Triggers, etc.
- Extensive understanding of the Salesforce.com data model and how and when to create custom objects, junction objects, and other model items.
- Experience with the Salesforce.com APEX data loader and other data loading tools.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, including consumption, request packaging, parsing\deserializing, managing static values, and UI\UX elements for working with data in returned API response payloads.
- Demonstrated experience with integrating solutions between SFDC and external systems.
- Detailed understanding of the Salesforce classic, Salesforce lightning and Salesforce sandbox platform development environments.
- Experience in leading small teams of developers in delivering on full project development lifecyle is a plus. Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team oriented fast paced, dynamic environment, with an acumen for mentoring and growing team members
- Experience with deployment/build/migration process in a Salesforce environment and associated tools
- Experience working in an agile delivery environment a plus.
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum Platform Developer 1 Certificate and/or other Salesforce development certifications with Platform Developer 2 preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F, 8-5 pm
Why Work for UsAt Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment OpportunityIt is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.