Manager/Senior Manager, International Tax
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by KPMG
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join our International Tax practice.
- Serve as an international tax advisor to clients in a range of industries on international tax services and offerings
- Assist with business development for the expansion of services at new and existing clients; work collaboratively with other practice groups within tax, the firm, and non-U.S. KPMG member firms to bring the right services and experience to address and resolve client issues
- Manage, direct, monitor, and deliver multiple client engagements teams while maintaining active communication with clients in an effort to manage expectations satisfaction
- Research, write and review client tax advice relating to domestic and international tax matters
- Manage and direct international aspects of outsourced or co-sourced compliance and other quantitative oriented international tax engagements
- Monitor and convey to clients information regarding U.S. technical developments as well as their application to federal and international tax issues
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities that are external to the firm while providing direction to and maintaining managerial responsibility for a team
- Act as a coach and mentor to other tax professionals
- A minimum of five years of broad experience in international corporate taxation, or five years of broad experience in M&A or federal tax and a desire to move into international corporate taxation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA or JD / LLM or foreign equivalent, combined with Enrolled Agent (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations need to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Candidates with international corporate tax experience should have previous experience with several of the following common international tax planning areas: outbound transactional structuring, Subpart F and 954(h), inbound transactional structuring, check the box principles, U.S. tax treaty research and interpretation, repatriation strategies, intellectual and intangible property planning, structured finance, base shifting, FSC/EIE, foreign tax credit planning, transfer pricing, and international mergers and acquisitions
- Candidates with other experience seeking to move into international corporate taxation should have in-depth experience in planning areas relevant to their existing discipline
- Strong planning, research, and communication skills, as well as general knowledge of corporate tax compliance; demonstrated ability to develop business
- Solid understanding of ASC 740 and U.S. federal taxation
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- A minimum of eight years of broad experience in international corporate taxation or eight years of broad experience in M&A or federal tax and a desire to move into international corporate taxation
- Experience building and managing client relationships
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.