Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Magellan Health
- Maintains subject matter expertise with company policies, COE and site procedures and systems, and clinical care management processes.
- Provides classroom and/or one-on-one instruction for new employees on company policies, COE and site procedures and systems, and clinical care management processes.
- Provides instruction for both newly hired clinical staff, staff being cross-trained on other accounts, and sustainment training for existing staff.
- Utilizes a variety of learning interventions in response to individual learning styles.
- Collaborates with Corporate Clinical Operations, IT Project Management, Talent Development and other stakeholders to work on projects, influence change management, drive training strategy and coordinate project rollouts.
- Serves as an advocate for learning and change management in project planning meetings and effectively communicate project plans, milestones and training strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Leads and/or co-leads the overall design, development and delivery of Clinical and other learning products/services/interventions, including specific needs analysis, learning outcomes definition, structure and design of learning product, implementation plan, communication with relevant stakeholders and follow up evaluations to demonstrate learning transfer.
- Leads and/or supports business/systems migrations and new office openings by developing training plan, agendas/schedules, developing/customizing content, delivering training and mentoring staff, including COE and special projects.
- Participates in clinical management team to develop and implement clinical services and training strategies that address performance gaps.
- Analyzes performance and develop, in consultation with clinical and quality management, improvements in clinical processes.
- Works with quality management in preparing materials for customer audits and accreditation visits to appropriately reflect adherence to policies and procedures and improvements in work processes.
- Assures site is in compliance with training standards as required by state and national regulations, and develops new training as these regulations are updated.
- Researches, develops and maintains manuals and documentation of procedures, training program and support materials, and training/job aids for customer accounts and prepares materials as necessary for customer review and audit.
- Designs and develops appropriate and effective instructional materials and content in collaboration with other learning partners in the department
- Conducts developmental and refresher training for existing clinical staff to implement process changes, correct deficiencies and improve individual performance.
- Utilizes enterprise Learning Management System to share training resources and information, training materials, track training activity, report on progress, and support enterprise learning strategy.
General Job Information
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/1/2019
Date Requisition Created1/28/2019
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Masters: Psychology (Required), Masters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredLMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in managed clinical care, formal training design and/or facilitation and coaching experience.
- 3+ years of experience post degree in psychiatric and/or substance abuse health care setting, including utilization review.
- Licensure is required for this position, specifically a current license that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing priorities; good time management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of training concepts and principles of adult learning.
- Demonstrated ability to convert abstract ideas into concrete solutions, and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong facilitation and classroom management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to provide topic clarity to all levels.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Understanding of managed care/healthcare operations.
- Skilled in use of MS Word (creating tables, managing formatting, saving versions), Excel, PowerPoint (creating presentations, using animation), Outlook.
- Excellent training documentation skills, including manuals, job aids and facilitator/learner materials.
- Demonstrated application of the principles of instructional design and adult learning theory.
- Previous experience as a classroom instructor or member of a learning team.
- A Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) by American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), or a qualified candidate.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled