Care Coordinator, Serious Mental Illness
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Magellan Health
This position is regionally/locally based and conducts home visits with members to ensure ongoing care coordination services are identified and met using a person-centered approach. Provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources, communication with members on a monthly basis, or more frequently as requested, depending on the individual's needs and preferences. For members, contact shall be at a frequency of at least every 90 days, even if the member requests less frequent contact.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for members and the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT); leads ICT process and meetings; facilitates communications among relevant parties.
- Monitors the provision of services as outlined in the Individual Care Plan (ICP) and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources in a mode and manner that is culturally and developmentally appropriate and considers the member's physical and cognitive abilities and level of literacy; assists member in developing self-management skills to effectively access and use services.
- Manages assigned case load.
- Participates in the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) process.
- Assesses for appropriate changes or additions to services, facilitates referrals for the members, and ensures the ICP is updated as necessary.
- Ensures that appropriate mechanisms are in place to receive enrollee input.
- Ensures member complaints and grievances are submitted according to the policies and procedures.
- Actively participates during care transitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleCare Coordinator, Serious Mental Illness
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date3/25/2019
Date Requisition Created3/21/2019
EducationBachelors: Healthcare (Required), Bachelors: Human Services (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMHP - Licensed Mental Health Professional - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree in either Human Services, Healthcare or related field.
- Must have at least 1+ years of clinical experience working directly with individuals who meet the Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) target population criteria.
- Must be an independently licensed behavioral health clinician. If unlicensed, must obtain independent licensure within 1 year of hire date.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.