RN Infusion (Optimum)
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by CHI Franciscan Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 Week Pay Period: Per Diem
Daily Schedule: 8:15 am - 4:45 pm
Weekend Required: Every other
Location: Harrison Medical Center
Harrison Medical Center has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are part of a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
This position is responsible for assessment, insertion, care and maintenance of vascular and non-vascular access devices, and management practices for selected infusion therapies.
Essential Job Functions
1.Evaluates appropriate intravenous catheter/device to support optimal patient outcomes.
2.Assesses the appropriateness for and demonstrates competency in placing PICCs using the bedside Ultrasound Machine.
3.Establishes difficult intravenous (IV) insertions throughout the hospital.
4.Performs Therapeutic Phlebotomies.
5.Manages Central Venous Access Devices (CVADs) complications and catheter repair.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in placing IVs and managing CVADs within the past 5 years is required.
• Experience placing PICC Lines preferred.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
• Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan Harrison Medical Center