CMA/LPN/RN- Mercy Pediatrics Urgent Care - PT.5 (Evening/Weekend)
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Mercy Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 40
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > PEDIATRIC CLINIC
- Job Summary / Job Purpose (briefly state why does this job exist in 3-5 lines)
- Key Responsibilities (list 5-8)
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
- Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG's.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
- Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) required if applicable.
- Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable.
- May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Experience (required and preferred):
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center