Social Worker - MSW
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by CHI Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: NE > KEARNEY > GOOD SAMARITAN
Your time at work should be fulfilling.
Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
- Job Responsibilities
Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic and analysis.
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; shows sincere interest in others and their concerns; initiates and develops relationships with other as a key priority.
- Develops effective give and take relationships with others; understands the agendas and perspectives of others; recognizes and effectively balances the interests and needs of one's own group with those of the broader organization.
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in groups and in one to one conversations.
- Counsels and interviews patients/family members and conducts an appraisal of social, emotional and economic complications in order to provide the physician and the health care team with recommendations and information which will assist in developing an overall plan for the patient's care upon consultation or, if functioning, in a selected area.
- Develops a timely and effective discharge plan with Care Managers, hospital and medical staff, and outside agencies while being fiscally responsible. Documents discharge planning in the medical record.
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with patients, families and the health care team through verbal and written communication to facilitate appropriate and timely progression along the continuum for assigned areas or upon consulted patients.
- Collaborates with the health care team and serves as a liaison with community and referring agencies by developing and maintaining good working relationships to assure the availability of quality services.
Acute care experience as a social worker preferred.
Required : Master of Social Work Degree
Required : Current Unrestricted Certification to practice as a Social Worker in the State of Nebraska or Iowa, must be licensed in the state you provide services as a or Certified Social Worker (CSW) or Certified Master Social Worker (CMSW) in Nebraska or (LMSW Licensed Social Worker - IA (LSW)r Licensed Master Social Worker - IA (LMSW Licensed Social Worker - IA (LSW).
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: On Call
- Market: CHI Health