CT Technologist - CT Scans - FT (Evenings)
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Mercy Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Independently performs computed tomography procedures under the direction of a Radiologist and/or manager in a highly technical and professional manner.
- Performs C.T. procedures on scheduled shifts including emergency callback and operates C.T. equipment.
- Provides care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Provides patient/family or caregiver education and counseling in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and environmental health problems.
- Maintains open and positive communication with staff, physicians, and other departments.
- Instructs, supervises, and evaluates student technologists.
- Presents a positive image to community and professional contacts.
- Promotes professionalism with the department, hospital, and community; acts as a role model.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing all exams according to protocol. Maintains the physical environment of the department in a clean, well-stocked, orderly manner.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner, reporting any malfunctions to manager/Bio-med.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the C.T. Department with other areas of the department and hospital to insure and maintain patient care.
- Demonstrates proper phone etiquette and utilization of computers, including completion of exam data entry.
- Complies with OSHA/JCAHO and other regulatory agency recommendations and guidelines.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
Successful completion of an accredited two year Radiologic Technology program.
Maintains current Iowa Permit to Practice
Maintains active registry status in ARRT
Basic Life Support (BLS) certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population servedwithin three (3) months of hire.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center