Cytotechnologist-Histology/Anatomic Pathology - FT
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Mercy Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Visually evaluates and assists with collection of cell samples from patients of diverse ages.
- Performs both routine and special diagnostic procedures related to cancer detection requiring application of principles and theories of cytology to produce a reliable diagnostic result.
- Performs diagnostic microscopic evaluation of cytology slides.
- Follows established quality control measures and procedures.
- Shows commitment to providing quality service to all laboratory clients, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of laboratory computer system as it is used in cytology.
- Trains new employees.
- Utilizes LEAN principles/productivity standards.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Bachelor's degree.
- Completion of a 12-month accredited cytotechnology program.
- Board of Registry certification in cytology, CT (ASCP). A person may be hired into this position if he/she has completed the requirements for registration but has not successfully completed the exam. However, the exam must be successfully completed within one year subsequent to hiring.
- Thin Prep Certification preferred.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center