Support can come in many forms. For patients with extreme illnesses or in crisis situations, support may also extend to their families and caregivers. Our Social Workers play a huge role in the collective well-being of all those involved. They provide our patients with resources, clinical counseling, and, most importantly, sincere interest. They advocate for patients to ensure they receive the support they need and stop at nothing to get the job done. If you were called into Social Work because you are passionate about improving the lives of others, you belong at CHI.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients' medical or physical condition and to assess client needs
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness
- Counsel patients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life
Ambulatory MSW position as it is mixed in with the many inpatient positions.
Why you should choose us:
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work. Some positions may require Master's degree in Social Work (MSW).
- Active Social Worker license as CSW, CMSW, LSW, or LMSW