Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - CPT, Varied
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Catholic Health Initiatives
Under the direction of the Director of Respiratory Therapy, the Registered Respiratory Therapist administers respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system, under the supervision of physician and by prescription.
- Interviews patient and family members to obtain information about home environment, family relationships, health and psychosocial history.
- Reads prescriptions, reviews patient information, and assesses patient condition, to administer respiratory therapy without posing a threat to self and others.
- Sets up and operates devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment, such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Performs bronchopulmonary drainage and assists patient in performing breathing exercises.
- Performs pulmonary function tests to be used by physician in diagnosis of case.
- Assists in C-sections and Bronchoscopies.
- Responds to Rapid Response, Code Blue, and Trauma's in the ER.
- Assists in Percutaneous Tracheotomies in ICU and Bedside Bronchoscopies.
- Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy.
- Consults with physician in the event of adverse reactions.
- Maintains patient's charts that contain pertinent identifications and therapy information.
- Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently. Orders repairs when needed.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes equipment used in administration of respiratory therapy.
- Certification as a Registered Respiratory Therapist from the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Possession of a current license as a Respiratory Therapist from the State of Oregon.
- Must have current BLS for Healthcare Provider (HCP) within 30 days of hire.
- Must attain ACLS and NRP certification within 60 days of hire.
- Basic knowledge of all phases of respiratory therapy; including, but not limited to airway management, CPR, aerosol therapy, chest physiotherapy, ABG drawing and interpretation.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of the care delivery team.
- Associates degree from an accredited Respiratory Therapy training program.
- Requisition ID: 2018-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Variable
- Market: CHI-Franciscan Harrison Medical Center