XRAY TECH LIMITED
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by CHI Memorial Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TN > CHATTANOOGA > LARAMOR HEINSOHN DONOWITZ WOOD
Job Summary / Purpose Under direct supervision, performs radiographic procedures at a technical level that does not require constant supervision of technical detail in accordance with the scope of training.Responsible for operates radiology equipment to make clinical diagnostic imaging films as directed by physicians and performs routine diagnostic procedures. Assumes the responsibilities and the performance of acts within the educational background of the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiology.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Schedule outpatient tests and procedures at hospitals via telephone. Explain simple tests and preparation required to patient.
- Position patients and adjust equipment for taking diagnostic images following established procedures.
- Follow safety principles, radiation protection, and the general comfort and care of the patient.
- Maintain radiographic log, in accordance with the policy, taking responsibility for documentation of exam, patient's name, and/or retake reason.
- Record test results and monitors patient data.
- Maintain accurate department records to satisfy both the state and federal regulations.
- Maintain separate report on all diagnostic radiographs.
- File and maintain shipping and receiving log of radiographs and other diagnostic tests requested.
- Maintain current MSDS forms for radiology department.
- Take x-rays of various portions of the body in order to diagnosis disease or injury.
- Calibrate and maintain x-ray equipment.
- Maintain efficient, organized, and clean work area.
- Report problems or any potential problems to practice management.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by healthcare provider or practice management.
· High School Diploma required.
- Graduate of an accredited Limited Radiology Technology training program required.
- Certification in Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT) Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography exam issued by ARRT in one of the following modalities required:
Required Licensure and Certifications
· Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT) license issued by state agency or passing the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography exam issued by ARRT in one of the following modalities required: Head, Chest, Core, Spine or Extremities
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with standard X-ray concepts, practices and procedures within radiological technology field.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain patient information confidentiality.
- Demonstrate skills and competencies required for this position.
- Demonstrate and understand compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
- Reverence : Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
- Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
- Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
- Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Memorial