1. Incorporates CHI Health's mission, vision and values in all aspects of daily work.
2. Assures rescue and ambulance equipment is continuously maintained and follow through with repairs as per hospital procedure. Recommends equipment needs.
3. Provides or assists the patient with personal hygiene, turning in bed, ambulating, and performs such duties as assigned by nurse (i.e., obtains I/O enemas, admin. Application of hot and cold cast care, isolation, feeding patients, etc.). Provides for patient privacy and tends to patient promptly.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control practices, safe equipment use, safety procedures, and appropriate action in a disaster situation and code blues/Code 99.
5 Demonstrates enthusiasm in educational programs and attends as required. Promotes positive image of E.M.T. on the health care team.
6. Communicates effectively with patients' families and health care team members (verbally, nonverbally, and written). Shows respect to all clients and personnel and maintains confidentiality.
7. Is aware of the quality initiative and is involved in promoting quality care.
8. Is a reliable employee, arrives on time when scheduled, and has minimal absences from work.
9. Assists with admission and discharge of patients.
10. Assesses patients for signs and symptoms of abuse/neglect and refers to appropriate personnel and / or community agency.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
M ust have a current EMT, EMTI, or EMTP certification.
Must possess a current Type D (Chauffeur) Drivers License and provide a copy.