Physical Therapist, Home Health - FT, 8am - 5pm
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Catholic Health Initiatives
Pay Scale: $41.01 - $54.51
Under the direction of the Physical Therapist Supervisor, Lead Therapist Assistant in Home Health, and/or Director of Rehabilitation, the Physical Therapist provides hands-on direct care including evaluation, treatment, education, updating the patient's treatment, and discharge planning as a member of the treatment team.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct patient care; working toward a maximal level of function and independence with each patient, and coordinating patient care with other team members to achieve set goals.
- Performs a comprehensive evaluation of the patient and determines the most effective treatment plan.
- Establishes functional treatment goals that are realistic and consistent with the patient's and family's needs.
- Plans and implements treatment program. To relieve pain, develop or restore function, and achieve maximum performance of patients.
- Administers treatments including, but not limited to: instruction in the use of assistive devices, including prosthetics and orthotics, instruction in the home exercise program, determine need and instruct patient and caregiver in the use of proper DME/adaptive equipment,
- Observes, records, and reports to the physician the patient's reaction to the treatment and any changes in the patient's condition as necessary.
- Instructs other health team members and/or family members in proper body mechanics and transfer techniques so they may safely assist the patient.
- Maintains written documentation to include medical necessity and skilled need for continued in accordance with departmental policies and procedures .
- Communicates with interdisciplinary team members individually or at regularly scheduled case conferences, of the ongoing identified needs of the patient and any changes in the treatment plan to assure coordinated implementation of the care plan.
- Complies with Hospice Plan of Care and understands Hospice philosophy of care. Maintains contact with Hospice Patient Care Coordinator or Primary RN when working with hospice patients.
- Supervises Physical Therapist Assistants, scheduling of patient visits with assistance from the Home Health Scheduler, and discussing treatment plans and goals per current Home Health regulations.
- Schedules patients on an ongoing basis in an efficient and appropriate fashion, with the assistance of the Home Health Scheduler.
- Interviews patient, family, caregivers, significant others to obtain information about home environment, family relationships, health and psychosocial history.
- Manages assignments with productivity targeted at 4-5 weighted visits per day for Home Health.
- Current licensure in the State of Oregon.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 30 days of hire.
- Must provide own transportation and car insurance.
- Must possess a valid Oregon Driver's License. Driving record is clear of any chargeable accidents involving negligence within the previous 36 months, more than 2 moving violations in the previous 12 months, more than 4 moving violations in the previous 36 months, or any felony conviction related to the operation of a motor vehicle, D.W.I/D.U.I.
- Two years of experience in Home Health is preferred.
- Understanding of the home health & hospice philosophy when caring for hospice patients.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center