Product Support Manager
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Covance
Global Specimen Solutions (GSS) is wholly owned a company of Covance Inc. providing specialty CRO services in the holistic specimen tracking space. GSS provides innovative software and analytics that answers the 3 questions a Pharma company needs before they can fully leverage their biorepository.
These questions are:
- "Where is the specimen" - GSS virtually tracks specimens during the life of the trial and after in order to pinpoint their location whenever there is a need to use it for either further research within the trial or for future bio research.
- "Is the specimen interesting to me" - GSS captures a large amount of specimen meta-data to ensure that the researcher can evaluate if the specimen is going to meet their exacting criteria.
- "Am I allowed to use the specimen for what I want" - GSS has a revolutionary way of determining Informed Consent permissions on specimens, that the subject has consented to, in order to ensure the compliant use of the specimen.
We do this with advanced data acquisition tooling that we have created specifically for ingesting specimen tracking data from the various systems involved with clinical trials. From CTMS system, to Central Lab LIMS or small Bioanalytical lab systems through eDC or IVRT, we can consume any data with our patented DeToxify data cleansing and loading engine. In order to facilitate the above we also have two other products to assist. We have a full LIMS system that can run the Pharma's own physical biorepository, and internal specialty labs, that is fully integrated to the Analytics, and a mobile app that identifies the specimen at point of creation.
We are currently growing at a phenomenal rate and are looking for those of you who have the Right Stuff to help us keep up with this unprecedented demand. We have the best of both worlds to offer you in your career advancement; that of a dynamic, agile small company with the backing and stability of a large corporation. If you are looking for unique challenges to solve in an untapped space for the market leader, and you think you have what it takes, we are the company for you.
We are currently seeking a Product Support Manager who will be a vital link between Global Specimen Solutions and our customer satisfaction with our service delivery. You will oversee the support of customers encountering problems using the company's products. Supervise representatives that are answering customer inquiries, primarily over the telephone, or e-mail, that include front line technical questions on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex computer systems, software, or networked and/or cloud systems. Establishes and maintains a helpdesk ticketing system that manages customer requests. Reports new or recurring problems to design departments. Ensures representatives are properly trained when old products are upgraded or new products are released. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
- Plan around Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2) including career development. Oversee staff activities. Builds/obtains (from other departments) training material for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support. Interact with internal and external customers
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Will drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement. Work to make Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT. Monitor and manage phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Oversee Solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff. Develops Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. PO review and approval/budgeting responsibility. Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
- Work closely across multiple departments on IT-related initiatives and projects
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of systems and process
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines, or equilent experience.
- Six years of experience as a Data Center Operations and/or Help Desk supervisor.
- Solid understanding of Helpdesk Operations, ITSM, and ITIL Framework, including but not limited to: Ticketing, Inventory Control and Asset Management, and Cloud Systems management,
- Self-Reliant, Self-Starter, good with project and time management to complete tasks within negotiated deadlines.
- Good Organization and Communication Skills, able to present problems and solutions in an organized and efficient matter.
- Experience in healthcare industry a plus
- Experience with 21 CFR Part 11 regulations a plus.
- Amazon WebServices experience a plus.
- Must be able to work off-hours, when the need arises.