Senior Underwriter/Director - Inland Marine - Location is Flexible
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Everest RE Group
Job Description:Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. currently has an opportunity, due to growth, for a Senior Underwriter/Director - Inland Marine. This individual will take an active role in partnering with the Vice President, Inland Marine to develop and implement underwriting strategy that identifies profitable market opportunities, new product development, positive agent relationships, operational requirements and financial assessments. NOTE - This position can be based out of either our Atlanta, Chicago, New York City, or Boston offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Establish and communicate underwriting profit goals and other measurements including loss ratio, new business development, policy count, account retention, etc.
• Analyze individual risks and book of business results to manage and control underwriting exposure and pricing strategy consistent with company objectives.
• Partner with the Vice President to develop strategies and actions to resolve adverse trends or deviations from established underwriting standards identified through producer and account review audits.
• Participate in the recruitment and selection process to ensure the organization has the necessary talent to accomplish business goals.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships within and outside Everest Insurance to develop and drive new business plans, value propositions and cross-marketing programs.
• Represent the company at networking functions and other industry-related events that present and promote departmental initiatives to other external constituencies as appropriate.
• Collaborate with internal and external business units to develop joint business plans, value propositions and cross-marketing programs.
• Act as a role model demonstrating belief in, and commitment to, continuing to build and lead a value-based organization committed to long-term success.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
• 8+ year's industry experience which includes at least 5 years of underwriting in the Inland Marine line
• Leadership capabilities with a sound influence in dealing with challenging situations
• Previous insurance educational work, IIA and CPCU designation strongly preferred
• Strong ability to partner with internal and external clients
• Sales-minded with the ability to significantly contribute to underwriting profits, and continually seek opportunities for niche products and potential agent opportunities
• Demonstrates knowledge of the Inland Marine external market and contributes to the development of business strategy
• Effective oral and written communication, including influence and negotiation skills
• Experience in delivering presentations to all internal and external audiences
• Proven employee development, mentoring, coaching and performance management skills
• Strong external focus with distribution channel
• Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word and Excel
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.