Sous Chef - Morimoto Asia, Disney Springs - Patina Restaurant Group
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Delaware North
Morimoto Asia is located at The Landing at Disney Springs ®, an entertainment-dining-retail district. With an overhaul and re-branding of this portion of Walt Disney World ® Resort, Disney Springs ® will present a fresh and new face to the magical kingdom that is sure to be an extraordinary experience.
Morimoto Asia is our first collaboration with Chef Masaharu Morimoto and the Japanese master chef's first pan-Asian restaurant. Morimoto Asia will offer an entirely new experience for our guests, led by the creativity of Chef Morimoto, already one of the most inventive forces in Asian cuisine. Our culinary destination includes unique exhibition kitchens that showcase traditions like Peking duck carving and dim sum. Morimoto Asia's eye-catching, 36-foot tall, two-story layout includes lounges, private dining spaces, and an exhibition glass encased kitchen that allows guests a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the culinary action. The second-level has a separate entrance to the sushi bar and lounge. This exquisite venue is coordinated by our talented team of culinary, beverage, and hospitality professionals who embody this world-class cultural dining experience. Patina Restaurant Group is seeking similarly passionate individuals to share in this vocation with us. We are dedicated to facilitating growth and development of our employees' careers in all fields.Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef in conducting smooth operation of kitchen functions.
- Train, supervise and motivate subordinate staff.
- Order dry and fresh goods and determine whether food meets quality standards and or needs to be rejected; approve invoices of food delivered during the assigned shift.
- Participate in selection, hiring and promotion of potential cooks, dishwashers and other back of the house positions.
- Present daily specials to the dining room staff and provide verbal dish descriptions, if applicable and conduct necessary prep cooking for each service.
- Responsible for kitchen operations in absence of superior chefs (days off, vacation, etc.)
- Inspect cleanliness and organization of kitchen, prep kitchen, dishwashing area, and pastry kitchen to comply with the high standards of the Health Department.
- Assist in weekly inventory of total kitchen small wares and kitchen equipment.
- Inspects all food to insure compliance with federal and state standards, as well as internal quality standards. Must be able to fully manage the food safety program of the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining labor & food cost at all times
- Open & flexible schedule required to meet the needs of the business
- Minimum 4 years of culinary background or 2-3 years as a Sous Chef experience in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume. Catering experience is a strongly desired
- Strong managerial experience with the ability to manage and motivate staff is required
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Knowledge of the venue's specialty cuisine highly preferred.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Has experience working with and an understanding of P&L's and budgeting techniques.
- Have a passion for culinary excellence; open and willing to learn new techniques.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and customers; able to give direction as necessary.
- Impeccable service standards, clean work habits with a great attention to detail.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems)
- Please note that due to Look Policy guidelines for an open kitchen, this position does not allow for facial hair.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North - whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants - there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group's exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality - the sky is the limit.