Project Manager, True North
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Delaware North
This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.The Opportunity
The Project Manager for the True North transformation management office manages all project management-related resources and activities in such a manner that ensures transparent visibility and minimizes risk across a project. Regular activities of this role include, but are not limited to: project plan development, testing and QA approaches, contingency planning, and interdependency identification. Partners with stakeholders in reporting-out status, escalating issues and risks, and measuring opportunities and risks to changes in approach (e.g., accelerating versus decelerating and resourcing).
Responsibilities include the following:
- Leads the development and implementation of project management standards (charters, project plans, status reporting, etc.) in-line with project management and system development life cycles and methodologies for a project.
- Drives communication, alignment, and coordination across stakeholders for a given project to ensure interdependencies, risks, and opportunities are identified and appropriately actioned against.
- In partnership with project management team, manages and reports-out on resource planning activities for a given project.
- Serves as key resource on a project for project management, testing and QA, and readiness enablement activities.
- Develops and presents project-level updates for a given project to program leadership and other stakeholders.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in project management, consulting or analytical role with solid technical background and understanding of / or hands-on experience in deployment process changes supported by software and web technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; knowledge of MS Project, SharePoint or other project management software preferred.
- Travel 50%.
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.