Hotel Operations Manager
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Delaware North
Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack in Wheeling, West Virginia is a Delaware North-owned-and-operated regional gaming and entertainment destination that features more than 1,400 slot machines, table games, a poker room, live greyhound racing and a variety of simulcast options. Wheeling Island's 151-room luxury hotel with fine dining, buffet, banquet facilities and 1,000-seat showroom completes the full-service gaming and entertainment venue.The Opportunity
Manages daily operations of the hotel (back of house housekeeping, porters and laundry), valet, retail, and vending for unit on a profitable basis
- Assures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Develop and implement standards of quality and performance in all phases of operations.
- Manages day to day operations; recommends and establishes prices and portions for products and services within approved profit plan guidelines; maintains existing programs and develops new concepts that ensure the highest possible quality of customer service, establishes and administers, within company policy, an effective system for cash, inventory, payroll, and yield control.
- Management of Hotel Operations staff including supervisors as direct reports. Includes scheduling, coaching and counseling, recruiting and hiring, appraisals and development. Maintains proper staffing levels and associate records. Payroll Processing. Training.
- Develops and maintains positive client and guest relations; responds to client requests and ensures alignment with company standards; investigates and follows through on client and guest complaints
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years Hospitality Management Experience required
- Experience in a hotel venue of significant size and scope, as well as hotel operations experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and organizational skills
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Strong financial acumen, analytical and detailed oriented
- Ability to build and manage an effective team
- Intermediate skills with computer software such as Word, Excel, Internet and Email required.
- Strong People skills with employees and customers a must.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills required.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.