Asst Div Regulatory Comp Admin
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by D.R. Horton, Inc.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Assistant Division Regulatory Compliance Administrator in Minnesota. The right candidate will assist in the management to ensure division compliance with respect to Clean Water Act Sections 301, 402 and 404: National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES).
Participate in administering the Division Safety Compliance Program including job site work safety, maintenance of OSHA records, and compliance with the D.R. Horton Corporate Safety Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Support an effective on-going division NPDES management program in compliance with both D.R. Horton operational standards and applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional regulations, in coordination and communication with the D.R. Horton Corporate Environmental Team, the division president and appropriate D.R. Horton personnel in entitlements, land acquisition, land development and vertical construction (the "Division NPDES Program")
• Assist in the development, implementation and managements of revisions to the Division NPDES Program as regulatory, operational or industry practices-requirements dictate
• Communicate and supervise, when appropriate, third party environmental contractors and consultants responsible for stormwater or wetlands NPDES compliance; e.g. erosion and sediment control design professionals, storm water pollution prevention design, inspection, and corrective action consultants, best management practices contractors, and wetland consultants to ensure timely compliance in implementing the Division NPDES Program
• Assist in the development, implementation and management of the Division Safety Program, including ensuring OSHA compliance, oversight of the Corporate Safety Program and division safety and health requirements
• Communicate and supervise third party safety consultants, such as third-party safety inspection consultants, CPR/First-Aid/AED training, safety equipment suppliers, etc.
• Liaise with federal, state and local regulatory agencies and participate through attendance or coordination in site inspections and investigations. Review and coordinate responses to routine requests for information from regulatory authorities. Communicate with appropriate management officials regarding regulatory agency concerns. Assist in serving as the point of contact for responses to regulatory enforcement actions in coordination with general counsel, the Corporate Environmental Team, and the Division President.
• Perform routine inspections and quality assurance audits of design, administrative and in-field practices; provide corrective action directives to consultants and vendors to ensure that the Division NPDES Program requirements and objectives are met
• Aid in identifying, developing and maintaining cost efficiency/cost effective measures relative to NPDES compliance including implementation of appropriate technology and technical storm water compliance tools, measures and BMPs
• Serve as the Division NPDES voice in NPDES emergency situations as necessary
• Assist in all aspects of division safety program including but not limited to; onsite safety inspections for land development and home construction activities, monitoring of weekly site inspections from superintendents, responding to onsite OSHA visits, documentation of every first report of injury incidents, reviewing safety violations with trade partners, managing and monitoring third party safety inspections, and managing division personnel training for safety, CPR and first aid
• Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
• Must have a vehicle and a valid driver's license
• Ability to travel overnight
• Ability to work an occasional weekend
• Maintain a working knowledge and proficiency of federal, state, and local NPDES regulations and compliance requirements; maintain professional state and local certifications, as applicable
• Retain a working knowledge and proficiency of federal and/or state OSHA regulations and compliance requirements.
• Participate in the implementation, the preparation or review of the SWPPPs as necessary to assure compliance with the Division NPDES Program
• Aid in the preparation and processing of NOIs, NOTs and changes in the permits as needed
• Assist in providing periodic NPDES and/or related compliance familiarization and training of division personnel
• Support the process to acquire and make selections for the consultants and contractors services and provide recommendations as requested
• Provide compliance appraisal reports to division, region and corporate as may be required
Qualifications Required Qualifications
Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent
2 years related experience
Possess or obtain within one year of employment one of the following three industry certifications: CPESC, CESSWI, CISEC or CPESC-IT, CESSWI-IT, CISEC-IT (IT - In Training)
Possess or obtain OSHA 30 Hour certification within six months of employment. If there is a local or state level certification, it is mandatory that this certification be attained. Continued education is mandatory due to the ever-changing regulations
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH applications
Proficiency with MS Office and email
Ability to sit for majority of 8-hour workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color vision and peripheral vision. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and high precarious places
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
2 years related experience preferred
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
• Medical, Vision and Dental
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Flex Spending Accounts
• Life Insurance
• Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.
Follow us on social for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Job: Land Primary Location: MN-Lakeville Organization: Home Builder Schedule: Full-time Job Posting: Feb 21, 2019, 6:00:00 AM Category: Administrative , Keywords: Administrative Assistant