IFRS 17 Technical Accountant, London (JSTA)
Posted on Apr 8, 2019 by Millennium Business Technology
Millennium Consulting provide specialist consultancy services to help clients carrying out complex finance transformation programmes. We are currently undertaking at large scale IFRS17 regulatory technology programme and are looking for a motivated, result oriented and quality focused professional Technical Accounting Consultant. The Technical Accountant will be part of the SAS implementation team for an IFRS 17 programme based in London.
You will be providing technical expertise on the implementation of new IFRS17 standard. This will include assessing the impact and the interpretation of the accounting requirement and identifying, designing and implementing the technical requirements for the business.
The role holder will act as a part of the key technical area of expertise for the IFRS 17 SAS implementation. The role will be varied in terms of its activities and will require an individual who is interested in fully understanding the nature of the client's insurance products to support the drafting of policy papers and recommendations that are specific to the requirements of the group.
Skills, knowledge and expertise:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- 3+ years of experience in the insurance/banking/financial service industry
- SAS deployment experience (3 years+)
- Proficiency in working and querying large data sets using SQL
- Deep understanding of analytical data techniques and related visualization
- At least 2 or more years of hands-on experience on one of the tools/solutions- SAS data integration (DI), SAS visual analytics (VA), SAS infrastructure for risk management (IRM), SAS Business Rules manager (BRM), SAS risk and finance workbench (RFW), model implementation platform (MIP)
- Experience working on solvency-II, Basel III, IFRS 4, IFRS 17 or IFRS 9 would be beneficial
- Experience in IFRS technical accounting skills from industry or professional practice, including experience of drafting technical accounting papers and challenging current practice in order to drive improvement
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing skills are desirable
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications, please apply now or contact Phil Keet for further information.