Bilingual Customer Service Agent Part Time (Spanish Speaker Required)
Posted on Apr 7, 2019 by American Airlines
The Customer Service Agent interacts with customers in a courteous, efficient, friendly and professional manner. Promotes and sells air travel to the traveling public or freight forwarders. Provides assistance with passenger check-in and cargo acceptance. Interprets government rules and requirements for domestic and international travel or cargo shipments. Meets and dispatches aircraft within established times. Provides assistance to distressed passengers and customers. Protects company property and revenue. Provides for safe travel. Possesses the physical ability and dexterity to use motor skills to perform various job-related tasks. Uses organizational skills to perform multiple tasks within a limited time period. Is self-motivated and requires minimal supervision. Responds and assists during security and emergency situations. Follows internal/external policies and procedures. May be required to drive and operate air stairs up to various types of aircraft in order to enplane and deplane passengers. May be required to perform Passenger Operation Control functions including air to ground communication as well as Tower functions. Depending on airport location this position may work in various weather conditions. Due to flight operations Customer Service Agents work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays.
Click to see what it s like to be part of the Customer Service team!
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Communication Workers of American International Brotherhood of Teamsters (CWA-IBT) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Applicable valid driver s license as required by local authorities
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Working knowledge of Sabre or any other Passenger Service System
- Previous face to face Customer Service experience
- Working in a fast pace environment
Associated topics: call center, call center specialist, client service, customer care, product support, service agent, system support, technical assistant, telephone, tsr