Financial Crimes Manager 3
Posted on Apr 7, 2019 by Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The newly established Commercial Banking Group is the largest transactional business in the Wholesale Banking Group. It is a newly formed group combining Middle Market Banking, Business Banking Group and Government & Institutional Banking. The person selected for this role will be responsible for managing the Audit & Examination team reporting directly to the Financial Crimes Program Framework & Governance Manager. This role will have strong knowledge of Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) and Wholesale Banking policies and standards as well as Commercial Banking procedures and processes.
Responsibilities may include:
Leading a team to ensure timely responses to all assurance, testing, audit and examination related inquiries, including gathering documentation requests, researching questions and providing comprehensive and accurate responses
Partnering with various teams and offices to gather information in response to requests
Facilitating corrections to exceptions
Serving as the primary point of contact for Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk & Compliance (WFCRC) and testing teams
Providing ongoing status reporting on all assurance, testing, audit and examination activities
Monitoring corrective actions through completion and successful validation
Appropriately escalating issues
Tracking all requests, exceptions, issues and corrective actions; providing trending and root cause analysis
Review draft testing reports for accuracy and providing credible challenge and feedback where necessary
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 9+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience with systems including Shared Risk Platform (SHRP), Cornerstone, WCIS, Hogan, AFS
- CAMS certification
- Ability to manage initiatives including: detailed planning, process management, and documentation
- Ability to implement a solution and communicate, in clear business terms, the benefits of the proposed risk management approach
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Ability to manage projects or programs including active and pipeline projects for adherence to enterprise guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk, regulatory, or legal operations
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale initiatives
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership'
- Experience with testing
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: derivatives, equity, fund, ira, investor, market, nasdaq, purchase, securities broker, trader