HOME HLTH CASE MGR-STAFF NURSE
Posted on Apr 6, 2019 by Southwest General Health Center
- A professional caregiver who plans, provides, and coordinates patient care in collaboration with the patient, caregiver, physician, and other health care team members.
- The Case Manager acts as a liaison among health care team members, internal and external organizations.
- The Case Manager assesses patients for appropriate admission to home care or other services and facilitates access for treatment as appropriate.
- Participates in the departments on-call and low weekend rotation ensuring home health patients access to services 24 hours a day.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to age groups according to specific chronological age, developmental age, and low psycho-social maturity.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current licensure by Ohio State Board of Nursing
Required length and type of experience:
- Previous experience in specific nursing area preferred.
- Two (2) years general medical/surgical hospital nursing experience required.
- Recent home care/home infusion and Case Management experience preferred.
Required licensure, certification or registry:
- Current license by the Ohio State Board of Nursing.
- CPR certification required.
- ACLS preferred.
- If applicable, ACLS certification for Critical Care and Emergency Services required.
- PALS required in Emergency Services.