Posted on May 26, 2023 by Post Office
Cyber Security Advisory Lead
Posted on May 26, 2023 by Post Office
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Contract type: Permanent
The Purpose of the Role
The Post Office is undergoing a Retail and Technology transformation, one of the largest in Europe.
As our technology platform is currently transitioning to Amazon Web Services the scope and breadth of our own technology is changing to further strengthen our internal capability.
If you are forward-thinking Technologist that thrives in a dynamic and change oriented environment, we would be keen to speak with you.
Cyber Security Advisory Lead is responsible for providing IT Security guidance to the business for all IT related projects. They bridge the gap between the business area CIOs and IT Security, helping to perform security control assessments, risk assessments, draft exceptions, input into supplier selection and providing project stage approval. The role requires someone who has a wealth of experience on various security projects within IT working within a fast-moving, agile group.
Our people are the driving force behind our business, we are proud of the energy, commitment and customer focus we have in common. In addition to the competitive salary we offer, in return for your hard work, you will also receive:
- 27.5 days annual leave that increases with tenure
- Up to 18% on target bonus opportunity
- Car allowance
- A Cloud Guru subscription
- Private healthcare
- Generous pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Income protection after 12 months service
- Full support from our employee assistance programme and access to our employee benefits platform
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
To be successful in this role, you will be a Senior Cyber Security professional with experience of working within a forward-thinking technology function with the ability to converse effectively with technical and non-technical audiences. In addition, you will demonstrate a significant track record across the following Tech Stack:
• Knowledge of best practice security frameworks such as; NIST, ISO 27001, CSA Cloud Security Alliance , NCSC and OWASP
• Worked within agile teams, delivering software incrementally, knowledge of CICD pipeline and technology to support from a DevSecOp perspective
• Previous experience working in a similar assurance, advisory or architecture roles for HMG, Retail or Financial services
• Good knowledge and understanding of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services.
• Good knowledge and experience in managing and securing cloud solutions in AWS and Azure
• Good knowledge of cyber risks, latest security trends and data protection
• Prior experience in information security is essential
• Prior work experience in delivery, managing and quality assuring information security solutions
• Experience in managing complex stakeholder relationships
• Excellent self-motivation, communication and influencing skills.
• Proven experience in working in a team of professional staff immersed in a large complex organisation.
• Interpersonal and influencing skills, together with a personal credibility, which gains the trust and respect of the wider security community, as well as with people within the Post Office.
• The ability to assimilate a wide range of information, make practical judgments and take appropriate decisions based on that data.
• Ability to share knowledge with colleagues to the overall benefit of the department
• Ability to cope with pressure, maintaining performance when under stress, and managing time effectively through the application of organisation and planning skills
About Post Office
The Post Office has thrived at the heart of high streets and local communities across the UK for over 370 years. As one of the country's most trusted brands, we take our commitment to providing essential services to customers across the UK very seriously. We're the UK's largest retail network, as well as the largest financial services provider in the UK, with over 11,600 branches nationwide - more than all of the UK's banks and building societies put together.
We know that the best way to provide a great service for customers is to evolve our business and adapt to their changing needs. That's why we have a range of over 170 products and services, from personal financial services like banking, insurance, payments and travel money, to telecoms and, of course, mails. And we're improving our online and in store experience for customers. We know that our customers never stop changing, so neither will we. We're here, in person, for the people who rely on us.
Our Ways of Working underpin everything we do, they are the "How" of our business strategy. They differentiate our business and aim to inspire great behaviours and align our colleagues around specific actions in order to be the organisation we want to be, and achieve our business goals.
By living the Ways of Working each day, you will help make that vision a reality and enable our cultural transformation. In short: Working in partnership, as one team, we deliver amazing results!
The Post Office embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace and actively promote working without discrimination. We are also a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to interviewing disabled people who meet our minimum criteria for the job.
Alert me to jobs like this:
Cyber Security Advisory Lead in London, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test