Posted on May 26, 2023 by Pontoon
Auditor - Health and Safety
Posted on May 26, 2023 by Pontoon
Our Utilities client based in Warwick have an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Auditor with specific experience in Health and Safety, experience within stakeholder management to join them for a permanent role.
Location: Warwick - Hybrid but more days within office for the first couple of months
Rate: Competitive salary offered to the right candidate. DOE.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Excellent understanding of ISO (9001, 55001 and other related standards) and its application within GT, including audit and assurance experience with the ability to provide insights and expert guidance as appropriate. This includes being certified to appropriate ISO standards.
- Demonstrable experience in GT's approach to the 3 lines of defence model, business processes and their criticality in an asset management environment.
- Analytical: has a structured approach, someone who can understand complex processes and can extract key information from systems and people.
- Self-motivated: is organised and able to work independently as well as being a 'people person' enabling you to work effectively on your own and as part of the wider team.
- Adaptable: You'll chair meetings and report your findings to both internal and external stakeholders at various levels so we are looking for someone who can tailor information and style to meet the needs of each group.
- You will be the 'go to person' for all things assurance so we are looking for someone who has an eye for detail and a proven background within an audit/business assurance role.
- Good programme assurance experience, with proven track record for delivering assurance and/or audits within multinational utility/asset management companies or operations/functional experience from utility/assessment management companies.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge, experience and competency in one or preferably more areas of:
- Process safety
- Occupational safety
- Health and wellbeing
- Demonstrable track record of developing successful, long lasting, relationships across the business including: ability to engage, challenge and influence senior managers, deal effectively with resistance to proposals and secure their buy-in and support.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office (eg Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- A focus on continued improvement and achieving high standards.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
- To assist the Assurance Manager in the development of assurance strategies.
- Lead the development of the planned 2nd line of assurance program, works together with internal audit where required.
- Collaborate with GT to improve how we operate through undertaking ad-hoc in-depth assurance reviews/investigations of asset management processes/activities.
- Undertake SHE/Cyber Technical Assurance and inspections to contribute to the overall operational competency process.
- Manage the Business Improvement Request (BIR) tracker system, recording agreed actions from assurance activities, asset health checks and HSE Inspections, and providing the timely reporting to enable line managers to monitor and progress closure of actions
- Review and analyse 2nd line management assurance reports and Asset Health Checks, to identify trends/common themes, to develop and propose improvement actions.
- Lead on the development and execution of key ISO standards eg ISO9001, ISO55001, ISO22301, ISO14001, ISO17025, ISO45001, ISO27001
- Provide assurance over 1st line managements analysis of the potential benefits of new products, materials, methods & systems.
Candidates will need to show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
If you feel you have the skills and experience and want to hear more about this role 'apply now' to declare your interest in this opportunity with our client. Your application will be observed by our dedicated team.
We will respond to all successful applicants ASAP however, please be advised that we will always look to contact you further from this time should we need further applicants or if other opportunities arise relevant to your skill set.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy. We put expertise, energy, and enthusiasm into improving everyone's chance of being part of the workplace. We respect and appreciate people of all ethnicities, generations, religious beliefs, sexual orientations, gender identities, and more. We do this by showcasing their talents, skills, and unique experience in an inclusive environment that helps them thrive.
Alert me to jobs like this:
Auditor - Health and Safety in Warwick, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test