Posted on May 26, 2023 by Client Server
Senior IT Security Engineer
Posted on May 26, 2023 by Client Server
Senior IT Security Engineer / Analyst Knutsford to £100k
Are you a Senior IT Security Engineer looking for an opportunity to progress your career in a hands-on role?
You could be joining a Cyber Security technology company and enjoying a huge range of perks and benefits from continual learning and self-development opportunities (including "buy any book" policy) through to health and well-being, enhanced paternity packages, generous holiday allowance, inclusive social events and much more.
As a Senior IT Security Engineer will join small team responsible for the company's own Information Security and user access. Most of the IT infrastructure is hosted in the cloud (AWS) with access managed by single sign-on (SSO) and multiple factor authentication (MFA). You will manage user access to ensure everyone has the correct permissions; run regular assessments of the network / system security posture; create and maintain an automated IT asset inventory and collaborate across teams to deliver what they need.
There's a broad scope of work including both cloud and on-premise (e.g. end user devices, networking, audio visual, building management systems and access controls) as well as cloud systems used for software development, testing, staging and production.
The majority IT infrastructure is hosted in the cloud with access managed by single sign-on (SSO) and multiple factor authentication (MFA). The on-premises infrastructure is strictly limited to provide end user devices, networking equipment, audio visual, and building management systems.
There's a range of technical challenges to get involved with, you'll proactively identify system improvements and drive scalability and business enhancements using technology and automation.
There's a friendly team environment where you'll supported to reach your full potential.
You'll join colleagues in amazing offices in Cheshire five days a week with a wide range of facilities and an array of perks including:
- Free lunch daily catered for by the onsite chef,
- A range of afternoon treats and barista style coffee
- Onsite gym with trainer led classes including yoga, karate and sound bath, shower facilities
- and of course, all the latest kit to work with
- You have experience with security operations design, development and operations having implemented effective controls in large or upscaling businesses
- You have an advanced knowledge and experience with core networking security concepts including switching, routing, firewalls, VPNs
- You have a broad range of IT and systems architecture, implementation and operations experience including a good understanding of IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- You have strong scripting / coding skills with Python or PowerShell to support DevOps automation
- You have a strong knowledge of AWS cloud services
- You're collaborative with great communication skills
Salary & benefits:
As a Senior IT Security Engineer you will earn a highly competitive salary (to £100k) plus benefits including:
- 8% pension contribution
- Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Enhanced paternity packages
- Private Medical care for you and your family including same day GP appointments and prescriptions
- Flexible working hours
- Charitable donations matching scheme and much more
Apply now to find out more about this Senior IT Security Engineer opportunity.
At Client Server we believe in a diverse workplace that allows people to play to their strengths and continually learn. We're an equal opportunities employer whose people come from all walks of life and will never discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The clients we work with share our values.
Alert me to jobs like this:
Senior IT Security Engineer in Knutsford, Cheshire, United Kingdom, Full-Time
Amplify your job search:
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.CV Help
Expert career advice
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Visit Blog
Increase interview chances with our downloads and specialist services.Start Test