Financial Crimes Manager 4 - Credit Card Claims
Posted on Apr 6, 2019 by Wells Fargo
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo s vision is to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,950 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 37 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 262,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 26 on Fortune s 2018 rankings of America s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI)
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
PVSIFraud and Claims Management
The PVSI Fraud and Claims Management (PVSI FCM) team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses. The team reviews account activity and high-risk transactions to prevent victim and perpetrator fraud, processes check fraud and Automated Clearing House (ACH) claims, investigates and resolves customer disputes (fraud and non-fraud) on all transaction types and manages all Wells Fargo identity theft cases.
This newly created Executive Leadership role will lead all credit card claims functions within the Fraud and Claims Management team, which provides assistance to customers through the review and decisioning of claims filed across VISA, MasterCard and American Express products and provides updates/status on claims in progress.
This executive will report directly to the Head of Recovery and Claims, who is based in Charlotte, NC, and will lead a geographically dispersed team of 700-800 team members located across the country as well as one international site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of overall strategy for credit card claim processes, including customer experience and multiple product segments.
- Leadership and coaching of site leaders across 4 domestic and 1 international site. These teams handle 2M+ claims on an annual basis.
- Managing operational efficiency, loss and risk through service level adherence; maximizing recovery opportunities and compliance with regulatory timeframes
- Building strong partnerships with Card & Retail Services leaders to manage requirements of all products supported, as well as unique arrangements with co-brand partners.
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate effectiveness in building high performing teams focused on driving business results through leadership effectiveness and team member engagement. The leader will contribute to broad PVSI and Operations strategies with a One Wells Fargo lens by living the vision and values of Wells Fargo. This collaborative leader must be capable of initiating action and managing change and will be skilled at building bridges to gain consensus.
It requires a leader with strong transformational leadership, relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while making difficult decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance
- 5+ years of management experience
- Proven ability to lead customer claim processes across multiple sites (domestic and international)
- Demostrated ability to drive customer experience, team member engagement and team performance
- Deep knowledge of credit card products, regulations and claims management processing
- Knowledge and understanding of fraud risk and mitigation: strategies to reduce or mitigate loss and fraud exposure
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization and develop collaborative partnerships across the enterprise
- Experience working effectively in a global environment, where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations (domestic and international)
- Experience leading a fast paced, demanding, and deadline driven operational environment
- Solid understanding of a broad cross-section of products and services to consumers and business in order to drive a customer centric approach.
- Proven success attracting, leading, and engaging a diverse team with different levels of experience across multiple geographies and creating a culture of service and efficiency.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization and develop collaborative partnerships with other business and functional areas
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: automobile, bodily, claim examiner, claim investigator, insurance, insurance adjuster, insurance examiner, investigation, liability, liability adjuster